Monday, February 26, 2007

Cupcakes Cometh!


O.K., O.K., I know this is supposed to be a MEAT alternatives and protein focused blog, but I have had several special occasions (see previous post!) to make some pretty special cupcakes, and I just had to post on them! They are so beautiful... Thank you, to Isa and her cookbook, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I hadn't made cupcakes in years until I bought this adorable book, but her ideas are so unique, I cannot help but try them!


Here are the Dulce Sin Leche cupcakes, first with the coconut, and then without (because some people don' t like coconut - I know, how weird!). I was moaning as I ate them - literally!















These are the German Chocolate cupcakes with Coconut Pecan frosting. I tasted the frosting quite a bit .... just had to make sure it was good to eat!! :)

Now, don't fret - I will post the very next time about, "how to get your protein!" I've been making chilis and soups and stews these past few weeks, as winter makes its last calling. We got several inches of snow yesterday, which in Virginia means, no school. Once in a while, I really enjoy being a teacher! (No, seriously, I love my job!).

1 comment:

Sheree' said...

oh ya! The German Chocolate cupcakes are so good. I made them for my Mom's birthday and they were fantastic. I need to buy VCtotW instead of trying to get it from the library. The wait list is so long. :o)